Stir-fried Udon and Shrimp
1 lb udon noodles
1 lb shrimp, de-shelled & de-veined
10 oz. Shiitake mushrooms, sliced
8 shallots, peeled and chopped
5 scallions, white sections, chopped
4 red chili peppers, chopped
1 jalapeno, chopped
8 oz. of roasted peanuts, chopped fine
1 lb of fresh bean sprouts
5 tb peanut oil
1 tb sesame oil
5 tb soy sauce
1 tb hot chili sauce
1 tb corn starch
2 limes, cut into wedges
1. Split shrimp in half lengthwise. Sprinkle with 1 tb corn starch and 1 tb of soy sauce. Stir well and leave in fridge a few minutes to marinate.
2. Boil udon noodles until tender. Drain when done.
3. Saute shallots, scallions, chilis, and jalapeno in 2 tb of peanut oil. When it starts to brown, remove solid bits and set aside, leaving the oil.
4. Add remaining peanut oil and sesame oil. Saute shrimp, mushrooms, and noodles until shrimp is cooked through (two minutes).
5. Add peanuts and sprouts. Add chili sauce and remaining soy sauce. Add shallot mixture.
6. Mix well and serve with the wedges of lime.